DLC’s Tithing Challenge
The word “tithe” is derived from the Hebrew word ma’aser and it literally means a tenth. Ten percent of everything belongs to the Lord. In Malachi 3:10-11, God says, “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse that there may be food in my house.” The ‘storehouse’ is the Old Testament picture of the New Testament church. So as New Testament believers, we worship the Lord with the tithe; or the ten percent.
But bringing the 10% of your income to God can be a big – and often frightening - commitment! That’s why we created the Three-Month Tithing Challenge: a money-back guarantee of sorts. Essentially, it’s a contract based on the promises of God in Malachi 3:10-11. We commit to you that if you tithe for three months and God doesn’t hold true to His promises of blessings, we will refund 100% of your tithe. No questions asked.
God doesn’t need our money. He owns everything. But we give first because it takes faith to give first and God wants us to trust Him. He tells us in Proverbs 3:9-10 to “honor the Lord with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops and then your barns will be filled with overflowing.” We give first and the blessings of God follow.
We'd love to hear about your experience with the Three-Month Tithing Challenge!
Click here to share your story.
1. I understand that this form must be completed and received by the dicoverlifechurch.tv Finance Team prior to the beginning of the Three-Month Tithe Challenge Period.
2. I understand that my household qualifies for participation because we have not been tithing for the last six months.
3. I understand that if paid at the physical discoverlifechurch.tv worship experience or office, my tithe must be paid by check, or by completed offering envelope, so that my tithe can be properly credited.
4. I understand that I cannot seek a refund prior to the end of the Three-Month Tithing Challenge Period, and that I cannot seek a refund for any contributions made prior to the beginning of the Three-Month Tithing Challenge Period.
5. I understand that any request for refund must be received by the Finance Team within 30 days of the end of the Three-Month Tithing Challenge Period.
6. I understand that I must log in prior to paying my tithe online, so that my tithe can be properly credited.
7. I would like to test God's faithfulness by accepting the Three-Month Tithe Challenge. I agree that for the three-month period I state below, my household will contribute to God, through discoverlifechurch.tv, a tithe equal to 10% of our income. At the end of the three-month period, if I am not convinced of God's faithfulness to bless my life as a result of my obedience to His Word, then I will be entitled to request a refund of the full amount of contributions made during that 90-day period.
Register below to sign up for the Three-Month Tithe Challenge.